2018 looks set to be another huge year for travellers to the Theme Park Capital of the World®, Orlando, with a host of thrilling new attractions set to launch in the New Year.
Visit Orlando has outlined just a selection what we can expect to see in the coming months!
George Aguel, President and CEO for Visit Orlando, commented:
“Every Orlando vacation is unique, with so many attractions and activities for visitors to mix and match, but 2018 will be an exceptional year for experiences that really stand out. A great vacation lets you escape from the everyday and experience something new, and there is no shortage of that this coming year, ranging from being immersed in a high-speed car chase with the Fast & Furious to plunging down the world’s tallest river rapid drop.”
· Disney’s Hollywood Studios will open Toy Story Land in summer 2018.
Toy Story Land will feature two new themed attractions: the “Slinky Dog Dash” roller coaster and “Alien Swirling Saucers.”
· Fast & Furious – Supercharged at Universal Studios Florida will take guests on a high-octane adventure into the world of underground racing, right alongside stars from the Fast & Furious films.
· A new Nighttime Show is coming to Universal Studios Florida, replacing Universal’s ‘Cinematic Spectacular – 100 Years of Movie Memories’. This new lagoon show will feature animated characters, a new storyline, lighting and special effects.
· Infinity Falls, a new rainforest river rapids ride, is coming to SeaWorld Orlando in summer 2018.
The ride will notably feature the world’s tallest river rapid drop.
· Ray Rush will provide three new ways to slide, splash and soar at Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark.
With wild water jets, a colossal water sphere and swoops into giant manta wings, the raft ride is scheduled to debut in spring 2018.
· The Great Lego Race VR Coaster will debut as the first virtual reality roller coaster designed for children.
It will open in place of the Project X roller coaster at LEGOLAND Florida Resort, re-imagined with a new story plus special effects.
· LEGO NINJAGO – Master of the 4th Dimension will debut on 12 January, 2018, at the LEGO Showplace Theater at LEGOLAND Florida Resort.
The new short film combines 3D computer animation with 4D real-world effects, for an amazing new ninja adventure.
· Nona Adventure Park will be a new water-sports park featuring an inflatable, floating obstacle course, wakeboarders pulled along by cables and a 60-foot climbing tower with a ropes course. The park is scheduled to open in summer 2018 in the Lake Nona area of Orlando
Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks, Orlando is the No. 1 family vacation destination, Theme Park Capital of the World®, and most visited destination in the United States. An unparalleled mix of unique experiences create cherished memories for visitors, including legendary theme parks from Disney, Universal and SeaWorld, an array of world-class water parks, entertainment venues, an award-winning food scene, shopping, sports and nightlife. And, with 450 hotels, Orlando offers more lodging options than nearly any other destination in the world, from expansive resorts to uniquely themed hotels.
For more information, and to book your stay, please Click Here.