Empyrean Pictures and Miracle Communications are set to release this year’s Brazilian Oscar and BAFTA submission, BINGO: THE KING OF THE MORNINGS, in cinemas across the UK from 15th December, 2017.
The directorial debut feature from Daniel Rezende, the film stars Vladimir Brichta, Leandra Leal, Cauã Martins, Augusto Madeira, Tainá Müller, Fernando Sampaio, Soren Hellerup, Emanuelle Araújo, Pedro Bial and Domingos Montagner.
To celebrate the film’s release, we have ONE pair of tickets to give away for the film’s premiere at Curzon Mayfair on Wednesday 13th December, 7pm.
Augusto (Vladimir Brichta) is an actor hungry for a place in the spotlight, following the footsteps of his mother, a stage artist in the 50’s. While starring in soft porn and soap operas he finally gets the chance to conquer the crowds when he is cast as “BINGO”, a television host clown. With his irreverent humour and natural talent, the show is a big hit, but a clause in his contract forbids him from revealing his true identity.
Augusto becomes an anonymous celebrity and the man behind the clown mask. With makeup on, he brings happiness to children across the country but not to his own son Gabriel, that sees his father distancing himself in search of recognition.
Filled with irony and humour and an exaggerated pop look from the backstage universe of the Brazilian 80’s television, the film tells the incredible and surreal story of a man that whilst looking for his artistic value, finds his personal decay.
BINGO: THE KING OF THE MORNINGS is released in UK cinemas 15th December
To enter, fill out the form with ‘BINGO’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Competition closes on Sunday 10th December, 2017
Winners will be notified by phone/email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.