Based on the true story of the final months of British rule in India, Gurinder Chadha’s VICEROY’S HOUSE is out now on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital Download, and to celebrate, we’re giving away 2 x Blu-ray copies of the film, as well as 2 x copies of Daughter of Empire, the biography of Pamela Hicks, daughter of Lord Mountbatten, the last Viceroy of India.
The film’s story unfolds within the great House.
Upstairs lived Mountbatten, his wife, Lady Mountbatten and daughter; downstairs lived their 500 Hindu, Muslim, Sikh servants.
As the political elite – Nehru, Jinnah and Gandhi – converged on the House to wrangle over the birth of independent India, conflict erupted.
A decision whose consequences reverberate to this day.
The British cast is led by Hugh Bonneville as Lord Mountbatten; Gillian Anderson as his wife, Lady Mountbatten; Lily Travers as their daughter, Pamela; and Michael Gambon and Simon Callow as key civil servants. The Indian and Pakistani cast is led by Manish Dayal, Huma Qureshi and Om Puri.
VICEROY’S HOUSE is available now on Digital HD, Blu-ray™ and DVD
To enter, answer the following question and fill out the form with ‘India’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
***** QUESTION *****
The Independence of India happened in:
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Competition closes on Monday 28th August, 2017
Winners will be notified by phone/email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.