65 years since its original release, Alexander Mackendrick’s MANDY is now available on Blu-ray for the very first time, courtesy of Studiocanal, presented in a brand new 2K restoration.
Another Vintage Classic from STUDIOCANAL, Ealing Studios’ MANDY is the story of a little deaf girl (Mandy Miller: The Man in the White Suit, Child in the House) and her family’s struggle to give her a normal life.
To celebrate the release, we have 2 x Blu-ray copies of the film to give away to our readers!
Six-year-old Mandy Garland (Miller) was born deaf. With concerns for her future, Christine (Phyllis Calvert: Twisted Nerve, Mr Denning Drives North) and Harry Garland (Terence Morgan: Sir Francis Drake) try to work out the best scenario for their daughter’s education, but before long their constant quarreling puts a strain on their relationship.
Against Harry’s wishes, Mandy is enrolled in a special school under the guidance of headmaster Dick Searle (Jack Hawkins: The Cruel Sea, The Fallen Idol), whose unconventional teaching methods are questioned by some of the adults. But Christine forms a strong friendship with Mr Searle, who ultimately has the child’s best interests at heart and eventually helps Mandy to find her voice.
To enter, fill out the following form with ‘Mandy’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Competition closes on Monday 19th June, 2017
Winners will be notified by phone / email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.