Presented in a new Digital restoration, the 75th Anniversary edition of Will Hay and Basil Dearden‘s hilarious comedy classic, The Goose Steps Out, produced by Michael Balcon, is available now on Blu-ray and DVD courtesy of Studiocanal.
To celebrate the release, we have 2 x Blu-ray copies of the film to give away to our readers!
Will Hay stars as William Potts, a hapless, clumsy schoolteacher, who just happens to be an identical body double for a notorious German Nazi general. When the army is made aware of this uncanny resemblance to the German, who they are currently holding prisoner, they decide to drop the reluctant Mr.Potts behind enemy lines.
His deadly mission is to find and retrieve information on a secret weapon that the Germans are planning to use. But whilst impersonating the Nazi general, William Potts manages to infiltrate the college of Hitler Youth. He also manages to make a big impression on the students who are being trained as spies and are learning how to fit into British society.
Luckily Mr. Potts is at hand to give them lots of handy hints in honour of the war effort.
To enter, fill out the following form with ‘Hay’ in the subject line, including your full name, address and contact number.
(Due to some competition entry issues from forum click throughs, please ensure you refresh this page before completing the form.)
Competition closes on Friday 26th May, 2017
Winners will be notified by phone / email
Best of luck!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please Note: Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties are not permitted and will be deleted immediately!
– The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all the correct entries, and only they will be contacted personally. Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives.
– The Arts Shelf does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the Internet or email problems. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entrants must supply full details as required on the competition page, and comply with all rules to be eligible for the prizes.
– No responsibility is accepted for ineligible entries or entries made fraudulently.
– The Arts Shelf reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
– Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.